Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trouble in Paradise...

So it has been the week of 'lasts,' the last classes, the last trips to our favorite cafes, last minute shopping, last time climbing the BI's stairs (haha). We've been racing around all week trying to find time to get last minute gifts and see places all the while trying to find some time to fit in for studying for our final exams. Not only did I have all this on my plate but Monday night my worst fear happened.

As I was sitting on my bed reading I looked up to my one book shelf where I always keep extra money and my passport and my passport was missing! At first I didn't worry thinking I just misplaced it but after some time of looking it was no where to be found. Then set in panic mode. Alex, Marie and I literally tore apart our entire room searching everywhere from the closets, to trash, to our notebooks. Still not being able to find it I did what any 21 year old would do....called my mom (haha). She calmed me down a bit but knowing me as well as she does she ended up calling me a little while later telling me to relax and go to sleep because she knew I was still up searching...which I was. The following morning I went to the American Consulate and explained the situation. I was petrified walking in there but they were so nice to me. They told me I could get an emergency passport that day which was valid for three months but most importantly could get me back into the states. I decided to wait until the following day to do that as a last option hoping that it would turn up as I packed up my belongings.

Well I am all packed up and it is still no where to be found. It is the most bizarre thing. After my italian exam I went straight to the American Consulate and applied for an emergency passport which was handed to me about an hour later. I personally think it is a sign that I am supposed to stay in Europe but looks like I'll be heading back to the states after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment